Sola Cube Globe Thistle
Sola Cube offer beautifully preserved plants, exquisitely in the form of a 1.6 x 1.6in acrylic cube. Sola cubes can be arranged and combined in multiple patterns to inspire sensitivity and learning. Arrange your Sola cubes, observe them intently, and appreciate the wonder of botanical lives.
Every Sola cube is carefully handmade by an experienced Japanese craftsman, and each one takes considerable time and effort to complete. Outstanding craftsmanship is required to ensure that this small transparent cube, which measures only 4cm, holds a plant at its very center and that no air bubbles get inside.
- Liquid acrylic is poured into a mold (5 - 6cm sq.) and the dried plant is carefully inserted as the liquid solidifies.
- More liquid acrylic is added and the mold is placed into a vaccuum kiln, pulling out an air bubbles.
- The cube is then showered with hot air for 3 - 4 hours at 80 degrees celcius. This solidifies and strengthens the acrylic.
- Cube is cut to size (4cm cube) and then planed. The corners are finished, round and smooth.
- The surfaces of the cube are polished until glossy and clean.
- The globe thistle has thorny flowers, but each thistle is where a small flower buds. After the buds bloom, the globe thistle is transformed into a soft, fluffy flower.
- Botanical Essence: Secret
- 1.6" x 1.6" x 1.6"
- Acrylic resin & dried plant.
- Each cube is unique with real plants and may vary slightly in size/color.
- Wipe gently with soft cloth - do not use any cleaning solutions.
- Direct sunlight or extremely humid atmosphere may cause discoloration or small cracks.
- Made in Japan.